The Fish Ethology* Database "FishEthoBase" is designed to collect, systematise and make available (open access) all ethological knowledge to be found on fish in the wild and in captivity, with a focus on farmed species in order to help improve fish welfare in aquaculture and avoid practices that harm fish.
* ethology = behaviour research
FishEthoBase is an initiative of a small association, based on the shoulders of some dedicated scientists and endowed with contributions of a few institutions which help us to proceed from species to species. Our prospects are limited and actually suffice barely until February 2016, but we look forward with the boldness of the poor eager for knowledge.
We appreciate comments and own contributions from scientists and practitioners. We warmly welcome also any donation supporting our future work. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Powered by fair-fish international association
www.fair-fish.net · Switzerland
FishEthoBase is supported by various institutions and foundations.
FishEthoBase cooperates with:
• CCMAR Centro de Ciências do MAR, Faro, Portugal
• IMEDEA Institut Mediterrani d'Estudis Avançats
• FishBase, the world's leading fish database
• FSVO Swiss Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office
• Fish Working Group of Eurogroup for Animals
• Fischwissen.ch, well-being ornamental and lab fish
• Friend of the Sea certification scheme in fishereies and aquaculture